TEACHING SKATING IN AURORA FOR OVER 67 YEARS! A Community Skating Club with a Trusted Reputation for Teaching Excellence!
All registered participants, coaches, board members, staff, judges and volunteers must complete and submit the Acknowledgement, Release, Indemnity, and Assumption of Risk regarding COVID-19. Failure to do so will render registration/contract null/void.
Please see news from York Region Public Health regarding youth turning 12 years old effective 2022 Skaters Turning 12 in 2022
For information on Ontario Covid-19 Vaccinations please see: Ontario Government Vaccination
IMPORTANT NEWS regarding the Health Screening process
The Aurora Skating Club will NO LONGER be checking for Health Screen and Proof of Vaccination
Effective Saturday, October 30th, 2021, the Town of Aurora staff and security personnel will assume all responsibility for managing COVID health screening, contact tracing and verification of vaccination status for all visitors to the recreation centres. Please remember that COVID health screening, contact tracing and proof of vaccination are still required in accordance with provincial legislation, and must be conducted on every visit.
To help ensure entry goes as quickly as possible, Skaters and Parents are encouraged to arrive at the facilities already prepared for entry COVID-19 Screening Self-Assessment completed within 24 hours before entering any Town facility. please view video created by Town of Aurora to assist with the check-in process: Town Video
- Prior to arrival, please use your mobile device to access the Town’s website or use this link aurora.ca/covid
- Complete the screening questionnaire which has now been updated to enable up to five people to be screened with one questionnaire
- You will receive an email confirmation on your phone, please be ready to show it to the security guard(s) upon your arrival.
- If you cannot complete this prior to arrival, you will be required to scan the posted QR code at the main entrance and complete the screening
- Please also have your government issued ID ready and provincially issued proof of vaccination QR code uploaded to your phone so that staff can quickly scan the code and verify that you are fully vaccinated
- All persons age 12 and over, must be fully vaccinated in order to enter the Aurora Family Leisure Complex
- Fully vaccinated is defined as having received two doses of a Health Canada approved vaccine, and have received the second dose a minimum of 14 days prior to the date of entry to the facility
Remaining COVID Restrictions:
- Visitors are asked to keep the main entrance areas clear to help facilitate simplified entry procedures
- Masks must be worn at all times; in lobby, in arena, walking to/from dressing rooms and while spectating
- Visitors are allowed to use the lobby seating areas and furniture is being returned to the lobbies
- In order to provide spectators and anyone else the ability to leave the building and then re-enter without having to be screened a second time, effective immediately we have implemented a wrist-band procedure. Simply obtain a wrist-band upon entry or before you exit the building. Then you can simply show your wrist-band to staff/security upon re-entry and no additional screening will be required.
Zero Tolerance Policy:
- Please also be reminded that our Zero Tolerance policy remains in effect regarding any aggressive or abusive behaviour toward staff, volunteers or other visitors to the facility.
- Anyone behaving in an inappropriate manner will be asked to leave immediately
The Aurora Skating Club is doing it’s very best to keep all its membership, coaches, board members and volunteers safe.
Please click here for 2020-21 Covid19 Oversight Group & Protocols
Please click here for: 2020-2021 Health & Safety Booklet
REFUNDS DUE TO COVID-19
- MODIFICATION / RESTRICTION / POSTPONING OR CANCELING OF ASC ACTIVITIES
- Based on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, the ASC is prepared to follow public health, municipal/provincial government and sport recommendations regarding modifying/restricting/postponing or canceling activities