As you may be aware, there are reports regarding the corona virus in Ontario. We are following closely information relayed by regional and provincial public health authorities, as well as the York Region school boards for any precautionary measures.The health and safety of everyone is a priority to the Aurora Skating Club. If your child has any symptoms of cough, cold, fever or flu, please STAY HOME until your doctor says your child is well enough to resume his/her schedule as normal. If you have recently returned from an affected area or been in contact with any friends or relatives visiting from affected areas, please STAY HOME and contact your family doctor or the York Region Public health department.
For more information about precautions to take to protect yourself and frequently asked questions, please click on the following link to York Region Public Health york.ca/coronavirus
This Season the ASC is lucky to have 2 Borealis Teams!
Borealis Purple (Elementary) Coach Doreen
Borealis Blue (Elementary) Coach Kathy
Welcome to ASC BOREALIS Synchro Team
Synchronized skating, or “synchro” is a specialized discipline of skating involving groups of eight or more skaters performing various group formations and maneuvers. The objective is for the team to perform as one unit executing circles, blocks, lines, wheels and intersections in unison to the music, while demonstrating quality edges, power and flow.
Important Notice: This is a TEAM sport, it is important that all skaters show up to all practices in order to learn new skills, elements, and formations.
- skater must be a registered member in good standing of a skate Canada club in order to attend a try out
- skater must have passed canskate level 4 to be considered for the synchro program.
- each team will have it's own prerequisites based on the level
- other prerequisites may apply - please see descriptions of levels below
Coach: Doreen Watson
- for skaters star 1-3
- skaters must not have reached the age of 15 by July 1, 2019
- skaters must skate at least 1 other day per week at their home club aside from synchro
- if skaters did not attend tryouts in April, they must contact Doreen directly to be considered Doreen.firstname.lastname@example.org