TEACHING SKATING IN AURORA FOR OVER 66 YEARS!
A Community Skating Club with a Trusted Reputation for Teaching Excellence
2019-2020 Season the ASC is lucky to have 2 Borealis Teams!
Borealis Purple Coach Doreen
Borealis Blue Coach Kathy
Welcome to ASC BOREALIS Synchro Team
Synchronized skating, or “synchro” is a specialized discipline of skating involving groups of eight or more skaters performing various group formations and maneuvers. The objective is for the team to perform as one unit executing circles, blocks, lines, wheels and intersections in unison to the music, while demonstrating quality edges, power and flow.
Important Notice: This is a TEAM sport, it is important that all skaters show up to all practices in order to learn new skills, elements, and formations.
- skater must be a registered member in good standing of a skate Canada club in order to attend a try out
- skater must have passed canskate level 4 to be considered for the synchro program.
- each team will have it's own prerequisites based on the level
- other prerequisites may apply - please see descriptions of levels below
Coach: Doreen Watson
- for skaters star 1-3
- skaters must not have reached the age of 15 by July 1, 2019
- skaters must skate at least 1 other day per week at their home club aside from synchro
- if skaters did not attend tryouts in April, they must contact Doreen directly to be considered Doreen.firstname.lastname@example.org