As you may be aware, there are reports regarding the corona virus in Ontario. We are following closely information relayed by regional and provincial public health authorities, as well as the York Region school boards for any precautionary measures.The health and safety of everyone is a priority to the Aurora Skating Club. If your child has any symptoms of cough, cold, fever or flu, please STAY HOME until your doctor says your child is well enough to resume his/her schedule as normal. If you have recently returned from an affected area or been in contact with any friends or relatives visiting from affected areas, please STAY HOME and contact your family doctor or the York Region Public health department.
For more information about precautions to take to protect yourself and frequently asked questions, please click on the following link to York Region Public Health york.ca/coronavirus
Congratulations to ASC 2018-2019 Gold Medal Achievers in Dance, Skills, Freeskate and Interpretive!
At the end of every season the Aurora Skating Club celebrates the achievements of active ASC STARSkate members in good standing.
The following awards are presented in each STARSkate Level: Junior, Novice, Senior, Advance
- Most Improved Skater of the Year
- STARSkater Dedication Award
- Program Assistant of the Year
- STARSkater of the Year
- Blair Koski-Klein Memorial Award
- Most Improved Synchro Skater of the Year
- Synchro Dedication Award
- STARSkate Junior Medal: skaters who have reached STARSkate Junior level within the current season receive a medal of achievement
- CanSkate Spirit Award: This award is given to the CanSkaters who demonstrate dedication and love of the sport, with eagerness to learn, cooperative with their peers, positive attitude and participates fully in all activities.
- CanSkater of the Year